This is going to be a hated post by a lot of people. It's a reality post. The reality of writing. And it sucks. Big time. There are no escaping simple facts, among them, is if you plan on being an author who gets paid for their work, you have to deal in business. No … Continue reading Business as.. usual?
SHF = Shit hit fan. There is an article about a scam going around on author groups. It's up to you to decide for yourself. The only thing I will say is be careful out there and check out anyone and everyone before you hand over money. Scams Now as to me. Do I post … Continue reading Writers heads up. SHF.
Me Sis did a short about a mother's perspective for her transgendered child. [It made me cry but don't tell her.] Did I tell you she can write better than I can? My Son, My Son https://kentishmaid.wordpress.com/2017/01/10/my-son-my-son
It is not nor was it ever intended to be a cliffhanger. It is NOT a cliffhanger. But the bloody man had to tell you he was still there in his own fine style.
A writer attempted to disable her account since ARe has said they are not paying anything after Dec 27th to authors. They are still selling books. When Cathryn Cade attempted to disable she got this message: 'Your account access has been temporarily suspended. Due to new tax accounting requirements we must verify that all publishers … Continue reading ARe blocking their authors from disabling accounts?
No, I'm not even talking about the crap WP.com is pulling by hiding the admin board behind their "improved" crap and not giving you a link to it so you have to type in wp-admin after the name of your site to get in. [However, it is crap. Just so you know WP] The New … Continue reading And what fresh hell is this? UPDATED [Link added] Dec 30
Standing Stone... First Lisa Oliver and I are having a very serious discussion about the fact that there needs to be a sequel to the Serial Killer. SK is going to do what SK wants. He's a serial killer. [and I hid all the keyboards.] It's been most enlightening. Lisa: You cannot put that in there and not do a … Continue reading Standing Stone. Thank you and some information.
I need to thank all of you for your support. Last night I was totally amazed. Lisa Oliver can testify to that. Standing Stone reached #22 on Amazon in Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature & Fiction > Fiction > Gay. #25 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender … Continue reading I’m in Shock and very big Thank Yous.
11. HIRE AN EDITOR. I don’t care if you think you write like God.
Anna’s Rules for Wannabe Writers
1. Unplug your game console, and turn off the TV.
2. Go to a library and check out books about writing and grammar basics.
3. Read the books you checked out, and take notes.
4. Learn to use a search engine for finding more information about writing. There are a lot of sites on the web.
5. Set aside at least an hour each day to sit down and write! What do you mean you don’t have an hour to spare? How much time do you spend texting your friends, taking selfies or posting and commenting on Facebook? Also, see rule 1. Get up an hour earlier.
6. Read! Read! Read! Read fiction and non-fiction books. If you are interested in writing in a certain genre, then read books from that genre. Ask yourself what it is you like about your favorite books.
View original post 84 more words
yippee.. I'm excited. I'm not asleep yet, close but no cigar. It might be the coffee... I won NaNoWriMo... again. I'm a bit behind of my usual word count for a month. It was only 73,500 words. Health got in the way. And editing. And it wasn't the book I thought I was writing. … Continue reading Yeah. I won. Again. oh joy And Scrivener and I are quits.